I guess after Shahrukh Khan, it is indeed any and every movie of Ranbir Kapoor I can watch. All this while there was super criticism of Ra.1 but I just couldnt take my eyes off Shahrukh, so don’t know what people were badmouthing about. And now it is Ranbir Kapoor all the way I will be supporting, loving, ogling, jaw-dropping at.
Some personal facts that I would share:
- This was the first movie I ever watched alone in a movie hall and thought…”thank goodness I didn’t get others along.” They couldn’t have seen my love for Ranbir and I would have been disheartened by any negative remarks here.
- By the reviews and the Youtube videos of the songs I thought I would need need rolls of tissue as I am too touchy, but I kept wondering till the end what made Deepika Padukone or anyone else cry. Maybe a poorly narrated script.
- The initials ‘JJ’ are same as mine so I am calling myself JORDAN for now guys…have updated my FB profile name too…(may be till I see a Shahrukh Khan movie of another of Ranbirs) Has anyone seen such a crazy fan like me…
But just couple of doubts I had about this movie
- Why was this called ROCKSTAR? If it was because he had a desire to be a Rockstar, then from ‘desire’ angle he desired to be with his lady love more so it should have been named ‘Tumko Pa Hi Liya‘, ‘Besaleekha Ashiq‘ or ‘Naadan Parindey Ghar Aa Ja‘. This way they wouldn’t have had to write a title track for the movie …OR …If it was because the word ROCKSTAR being used multiple times then from multiple occurrence point of view it should be named ‘JANGLI JAWANI’.
- Do male guests really fantasize about the bride on the day of her marriage?
- Why do the directors make Ranbir cry at some or the other point in time, in all of his movies? Why don’t hey try to dig some more potential. (RANVIR on the other hand is a lucky-Vicky here amongst the current breeds who is experimenting.) Rockstar could have been made as a Happy Movie instead of desperately trying to be a sad one.
- Whatever happened to the pretty bollywood ladies? Why didnt Imtiaz Ali consider the current crop of talented girl-pool here. Well I guess I can answer this one. Nargis looks anorexic, bolemic, sick, tired, etc etc etc and the script demanded a sick woman towards the end of it where she did perfect justice to the role.Thank god we had Ranbir with her in all the frames(we didn’t have to close our eyes on her).
The ‘take home’ from the movie : I too made my list of all the ‘keedas’ in me….Oh common, you think I am going to make it public….U never know!
My Rating: *** on a scale of 5