Kids had this invite for friend Anjan’s daughter’s birthday party for the movie show “Puss in Boot”. I had seen all Shrek series at least over a dozen times and was super impressed by the animation, story, characters, voice overs, and the works so I got tempted. Also my Mady, bro was along and wanted to watch it so I had my free entry to the movie.
I will just come straight to the point here about my likes and dislikes. Will keep on tweaking this post as many times as I watch it over and over.
What I liked about the movie was Animation. The 3D version was simply superb. Things I couldn’t miss noticing and enjoying were:
- The beanstalk growing into the sky.
- Puss, Kitty and HumptyD ‘floating on the cloud’.
- The salsa sequence of Puss and Kitty- oooh what moves.
- The beanstalk slide.
- The starving old man in the jail whose handcuffs are too big for his wrist.
- The gold pooper chick.
- The golden heart of Humpty-Dumpty (that we saw when he died).
What I am wondering about is “What was the story all about – Jack and Jill, Jack and the beans stalk, Kitty softpaws, Humpty Dumpty, Puss in Boots. I guess the movie lacks a proper storyline. They tried to recreate the ‘Shrek effect’ of having different fairy tales interwoven but lost on uniformity.